Printing problem with 20.04

I think this is an extension or at least related to the bug report mentioned in the release notes as that’s where the proposed fix came from. It was a wild guess on my part.

1 Like

Overlooked by me… :upside_down_face:sorry

1 Like

No, I think you’re kind of right. The bug report at least should be edited to include a larger scope. Feel free!

1 Like

An even better solution: add it to the LXQt environment variables.

1 Like

Thank you, now it works. But now I get the following screen everytime I try to open LibreOffice (and not open the odt through PCMan):
grafik
It doesn’t matter if I close the message or press “OK” - it reappears every single time and doesn’t open.
It says that LibreOffice has crashed and tries to restore the following documents - well, none.

Probably a LibreOffice bug. This may prove to be a solution.

Yes, that’s the downside of changing thr env variable, you cannot run office alone. You need to run an app (writer, calc, etc…)
Maybe @scro problem is that he edited writer .desktop but he opened lo with other .desktop?

@kc2bez there is another way like this: https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/04/gksu-removed-from-ubuntu-heres.html

2 Likes

There’s a new version of Libreoffice (6.4.3) which should fix the bug. If I use the shell with sudo apt-get install libreoffice it says that I already have the newest version (6.4.2). If I try to download 6.4.3 through discover, it always dies at 7% though. It doesn’t find the 6.4.3 version in “software”.
Is there a reason why that version isn’t referenced yet?

Ok, download with discover works, just takes forever.

That’s because it’s not a Debian package, but a Snap package.

Hi, @scro

I am no expert at all. Just I also had this problem. The solution provided by @wxl worked smoothly for a while and suddenly, out of the blue, it stopped exporting PDF. Then I found this solution in Ask LibreOffice and now I am back on the road! It can help you momentarily until we figure out what is really happening.

My suspect is LibreOffice.

AskLibreOffice :: Cannot print anything…

Yes, that works! Thank you very much!

That works because you removed libreoffice-qt so you have gtk or default vcl

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.