Donate to Lubuntu

Today we are excited to announce, after a long, long time coming, that you can donate to Lubuntu and that includes buying merchandise!!

As we announced on the blog, we’ve got Patreon, Liberapay, PayPal, and Teespring all set up. Funds will go towards infrastructure costs, conferences, and, with luck, funding development of Lubuntu.

We will be transparently sharing the accounting. More info on that to come.

You don’t need to throw us hundreds of dollars. Set up a small $1/month contribution on Patreon or buy a sticker. Every little bit helps. That’s how we make Lubuntu better together!

15 Likes

Hello
I just went to donate from Liberapay, i couldnt pay with my card, had to use paypal. So, i opened a Patreon account, cuz f paypal.
I would like to use Liberapay.
Thanks!
Edit: I cant use my card on Liberapay for Lubuntu, i can use my card on Liberapay for others.

Working on it. Meanwhile (yes, I know this is not ideal), you could always use your card through PayPal. At least that way you supercede actually using PayPal except as a middleman.

1 Like

I just ordered a lubuntu T-shirt. I hope you profit from that as well?

2 Likes

On Teespring? Yep! Wear it proudly!

1 Like

Hi, i wont be able to donate anymore. Patreon javascript bs wont let me pay. Look, Patreon is giving me the hardest bs complication for no reason. I dont want to deal with Patreon bs neither paypal taxe bs. I deleted my paypal account years ago. Again, please add credit card option to Liberapay. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hmmm… I have never used Patreon before, but that sounds like a possiblity!

1 Like

Just set up a small contribution on Patreon. Keep on the good work guys! (Ubuntu is ok but with a lighter GUI is way better!)

4 Likes

We appreciate your support!

1 Like

Do the shirts run big or small? they stretchy or stiff?

trying to figure out size. thx! (Medium or Large)

i donated 5 via paypal. It’s the least i could do, this distro has given life to 2 computers in this house. Take care and keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Thank you for your support!

2 Likes

Are you guys still accepting donations? I really like Lubuntu, and I’d like to contribute.

2 Likes

We certainly are accepting donations as described above.

Any progress on a Liberapay option other than PayPal? I was donating through Patreon but then I wanted to switch to Liberapay. But PayPal doesn’t operate here in Turkey.

2 Likes

What options are viable in Turkey? Perhaps we find a common system if we work at it from that approach.

2 Likes

There is one project there that I’m donating to using the credit card payment method. Other than credit card and paypal, I don’t see what other methods there are.

Thanks for letting me donate to a distro I’ve been using for ~10 years. I noticed that the Lubuntu Financials spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dwpSPDi65hk1--ZWYFCeN-0bgR-ygZHBMasc2gKNW2U/edit#gid=625721872) hasn’t been updated since 2020 Q2. I’d be willing to keep it updated, if someone could dump me the “receipts”, in order to help keep people motivated to keep donating. In any case, thanks again for all the hard work transitioning from LXDE to LXQt.

4 Likes

Thanks for the enthusiasm, but due to legal constraints and restrictions for security reasons, the Lubuntu Association does not give access to the financial information outside of the Council or designated agents authorized by the Council to handle the books.

We will be getting back to sharing the books once we finish analyzing the finances from the past year - it ended up being a case of ‘we got chaotic busy due to the pandemic, and the ongoing chaos of that is also keeping us busy’. Also, as stated elsewhere, the documentation will indicate large donations (> $500) from individual donors or corporations publicly unless otherwise specified, while all donors are logged privately for legal and financial reasons. So the ‘books’ will become more stable. The spreadsheet, also, is going to be replaced and a new one shared once we finish compiling the 2020 and 2021 fiscal data together.

However, unless you’re on the Council, the receipts, etc. are not being disclosed to the public fully at this time.

2 Likes

I will most definitely donate soon.