Unable to edit posts

I’m not able to edit my posts here, to fix spelling mistakes, only having the option to delete them entirely. I can see that some people are able to edit their posts, so is that something I have to earn via activity on the forum?

1 Like

Discourse is a specific type of forum software.

The current config we have on Lubuntu’s discourse still sees you as a NEW USER; and this is what sets the TRUST LEVEL. Your next bump will be to BASIC USER which I believe will get you edit access directly.

I’ll suggest you continue using the site normally; I believe you’ll upgrade (given the patterns I see) rather soon, and if you don’t, you can PM me & I’ll consider forcing that upgrade.

If you scan Understanding Discourse Trust Levels you’ll NOTE that New Users can only “edit their own post after more than 24 hours”.

In the post I’ve referenced; it mentions the newuser and first_day settings we can control… your format request via a FEEDBACK post may cause us to evaluate our current settings too, but do NOTE the software doesn’t just count posts, but also what it considers READ TIME (whilst it can’t tell if you’ve eyes open or closed, it doesn’t count a quick scroll past text).

Quoting from the page I provided, is the following

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

I don’t consider that a high bar.

2 Likes