Shortcuts for maximize and minimize Window. Selecting app for mailto links

Hi.

I recently switched to Lubuntu from Windows 10 and am satisfied with that:)

A couple of questions though:

• Is it possible to define keyboard shortcuts for maximizing and minimizing a window?
  • How can I select which app to open mailto: links in?

Thanks in advance.

Yep. You can do it in your window manager settings, i.e. in your Openbox configuration. You should find lxqt-rc.xml in two forms: a global one at /etc/xdg/xdg-Lubuntu/openbox and a user-specific one in $HOME/.config/openbox.

See here for the general documentation on how to do it including the appropriate syntax and here for the different actions supported.

Example:

<keybind key="C-A-S-i">
  <action name="Iconify"/>
</keybind>
<keybind key="C-A-S-x">
  <action name="Maximize"/>
</keybind>

To be clear, which app do you want to use?

I changed /home/mathiaso/.config/openbox/lxqt-rc.xml like below but it didn’t work.

Regarding mailto: links I would like to use the app Evolution.

Thanks in advance.

Here is how I changed the file without getting it to work

By the way it seems that it is “M-Up” and “M-Down” that are not working. If I replace them with for example “F12” and “C-F12” then they work. How can I correctly specify Winkey+Up and Winkey+Down? Thanks in advance

In lxqt-globalkeys, we have Meta/Super set to open the menu and this basically spoils the utility of the key in Openbox. Incidentially this is discussed in our manual.

A post was split to a new topic: Selecting app for mailto: links

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.