Lubuntu 19.10 is now end-of-life (17-July-2020)

Please be aware that Lubuntu 19.10 which was released 17 October 2019, is approaching the end of it’s 9 months of supported life.

If you’re still using Lubuntu 19.10, please upgrade very soon to Lubuntu 20.04 LTS, referring to our manual for details on how to do this.

If you have questions, or need support, you can of course use this site, or your usual favorite Lubuntu support option.

If you have any comments about Lubuntu 19.10, you’re most welcome to leave them after this too.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s the poor folks like me who end up being most affected by Linux no longer supporting x386 hardware. My perfectly fine x386 computer is no longer supported.

I have, and use an IBM Thinkpad t43; it runs Lubuntu 18.04 LTS happily. It’ll be fully supported until April-2021. (it’s not my main computer; that’s a 2009 dell optiplex d960)

I also have and use a IBM Thinkpad r50p, a Thinkpad t43p, … and all are x86/i386 (in Debian/Ubuntu terms anyway; i686 in Linux terms) and are supported via the use of Lubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Specs of the first mentioned laptop (other two are equivalent, though only have 1GB ram)

ibm thinkpad t43 (pentium m, 1.5gb ram, radeon x300)

Our official blog announcement is here.

3 Likes

Lubuntu 19.10 is now end-of-life and no longer supported by the Lubuntu team, nor by Canonical/Ubuntu.

If you are still using 19.10, and are having troubles upgrading to the supported Lubuntu 20.04 LTS, you can still ask your questions, but please upgrade asap.

You can find instructions on how to upgrade your Lubuntu installation here at our manual page.

2 Likes