How to create desktop Icon for Qterminal?

Spend many hours coding so need an icon on my lubuntu desktop as shortcut to Qterminal. Possible ?
thx

1 Like

Have you looked at the manual?

You didn’t provide release details, so I’ll provide the latest stable release manual link which is Lubuntu 23.04.

https://manual.lubuntu.me/stable/5/5.2/desktop_icons.html?

Search for “Adding and removing items from the desktop

I opened pcmanfm-qt & navigated to qterminal & drag/dropped it on my desktop… and it was there in a second… alas with red “!” meaning I had to click ‘I trusted’ it each time…

A quick right-click and “Trust this executable” and it doesn’t require permission from me to start. To me the manual is pretty clear; what did you not understand?

You didn’t provide release details; so I just quickly tested what I read in the manual on my own current release

2 Likes

thank you much. really just forgot how and only just finding lubuntu manuals. Think i spent too many years programming IBM systems :flushed::grin::grin::pray:

2 Likes

You can feel safe that you won’t see any

“This page intentionally left blank”

in our manuals :slight_smile:

I can’t recall the exact wording; but it was something like that that filled the old JCL, MVS, and other s390 manuals I remember relying on for years.

This page shows how to use the URL to control version of manual you see.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.