Could Someone Give me Assistance with Lubuntu 23.04 Installation Issues?

Hello there,

I am reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I have encountered while attempting to install Lubuntu 23.04 on my laptop. I have been following the instructions on the official Lubuntu website, but I have run into some roadblocks that I am unable to; resolve on my own.

This is my model no. and more related details; Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series
Intel Core i5-7200U
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 256GB SSD

I created a bootable USB drive using Rufus on a Windows 10 machine and selected the GPT partition scheme for UEFI. The USB drive boots successfully; and I can navigate through the initial installation steps. However, the installation process freezes at around 70% completion; specifically during the Installing system phase.

1. Verified the checksum of the Lubuntu 23.04 ISO file to ensure it was not corrupted.
  2. Tried different USB ports and another USB drive to rule out hardware issues.
  3. Disabled Secure Boot and Fast Boot in the BIOS settings.
  4. Ensured that the laptop is running the latest BIOS firmware.
  5. Re-attempted the installation multiple times, each time ending with the same freeze.

Also, I have gone through this post: https://discourse.lubuntu.me/t/lubuntu-23-04-now-uses-pipewire-info-you-should-know-call-for-testing/3907salesforce which definitely helped me out a lot.

During one of the failed installations; I noticed an error message related to grub-efi-amd64-signed package failed to install into /target/.

• Has anyone else experienced similar issues with the Lubuntu 23.04 installation?
  • Are there any known compatibility issues with the Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series?
  • Could there be a specific BIOS setting that I am overlooking?
  • Are there any alternative installation methods or troubleshooting steps I could try?
1 Like

Lubuntu 23.04 is End of Life thus has no community support.

Refer

Lubuntu 23.04 has reached end-of-life as of today, January 25, 2024. It will no longer receive software updates (including security fixes) or technical support.

which applies to all Ubuntu 23.04 systems (and other flavors too)

This is a follow-up to the End of Life warning sent earlier to confirm that as of January 25, 2024, Ubuntu 23.04 is no longer supported.

Why are you trying to install a release that reached EOL some time ago? Why not install a supported system?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.