Need help? Welcome to support!
- One problem per topic, please!!!
- Topics automatically close one month after the last reply.
- Please make sure to mark the answer that solves your issue as the solution:
After this, the issue will be closed.
Before you post
- Don’t cross post. If you’ve posted on another Lubuntu support avenue (e.g. AskUbuntu), do not post here. Your topic will be closed.
- Make sure your Lubuntu version is still supported:
- Make sure your system is fully upgraded with e.g.
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade.
- If you haven’t looked a the manual, do so!
- Make sure your downloads come from ubuntu.com or lubuntu.me, not lubuntu.net which is not an official Lubuntu site.
- For new installs, make sure you have checked the download and the writing to installation media. For 20.04 and beyond, a self-check should run automatically. Make sure it succeeds. For earlier versions, run the “check disc for defects” at the boot menu. Since this only checks certain files, there should be a full check of the downloaded ISO file as well as the installation media.
- Always check the release notes, as known bugs and workarounds will be posted there.
- Don’t forget to search here for your problem, as it might already be answered!
- Especially if you’re a new user, make sure you’ve gone through @Lenny’s tutorial on how to use the site. You should have already been asked to do this, but if you didn’t, send him a message with the text “start tutorial.”
Information to include
Version of Lubuntu which can be found with
lsb_release -a(consider tags)
Hardware information, especially computer model (
lspcican all be helpful)
Logfiles, most of which are in
/var/log, but some examples are:
- general system log:
- X server log, useful for graphics issues:
Be sure to use the “hide details” feature under the gear icon () so that the log doesn’t take over everyone’s screens
- general system log:
There are several subcategories for non-English speakers. These can be seen under the Support category on the main page or under the first drop down when you’re in the support category:
If your language is not shown and you’d like to help out, please contact the Lubuntu Global Team.