Window icons remain on the bar on the new desktop

After switching to a new desktop, the icons of the windows from the previous desktop remain on the bar. Where can I set the app bar to be empty on the new desktop? The following command doesn’t work for me:

dconf write /org/gnome/shell/extensions/dash-to-dock/isolate-workspaces true

Lubuntu Release: 23.04
LXQt Version: 1.2.0
Qt: 5.15.8

right click panel then configure task manager. First option.

1 Like

I don’t want to disturb the running processes, but I want only to hide their icons on the bottom bar after switching to another desktop. I couldn’t find any option in task manager config to solve this.

For example, Xubuntu has this as a default feature.

what are you on about? It just makes the open app icons for the desktop you are on visible and apps from other desktops invisible. Right click the panel and you’ll see, very self explanatory…nothing to do with “disturbing running processes…”

1 Like

The command you gave sets values for a GNOME Shell desktop/extensions; Lubuntu uses LXQt which isn’t a GNOME or GTK desktop.

I don’t know what you’re asking about, but it seems theme related, yet your mention of GNOME & then Xubuntu/Xfce has just confused me, thus I don’t know.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, I understand now and the problem is solved. I was confused by the name’s similarity to the “xfce-taskmanager” application I had installed on my desktop.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.