WiFi on Acer Aspire One ZG5 (Lubuntu 18.04)

I installed Lubuntu 18.04 on an Acer Aspire One ZG5 netbook, but I’m unable to get the WiFi working with Lubuntu. This netbook has a WiFi hardware switch, which doesn’t light up. It originally had Windows XP on it and the hardware switch worked fine with XP. Also, the netbook has an Ethernet port and the Internet works fine when plugged into Ethernet.

Could really appreciate some support on getting WiFi working on this device. I’m happy to provide any additional diagnostic information if you inform me of what commands I should run.

Thanks so much!

The oldest supported release of Lubuntu is Lubuntu 20.04 LTS.

I’ll provide some relevant links

As such I’ve moved this post to off-topic, as the release is unsupported by Lubuntu.

Your system in my view is now a Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (it has 5 years of support, flavors do not) with the LXDE desktop (as was used by Lubuntu 18.04 LTS).

I’d suggest using ubuntu-support-status to confirm the supported status on your actual install to evaluate the security status of your own system with your actual usage of it. See the aforementioned discourse posts for examples.

Many support sites still support 18.04; but you risk getting reminders that Lubuntu 18.04 LTS is EOL, thus using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (with LXDE) maybe easier.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.