What about my language?

Okay, I am using lubuntu 20.04 with peace for some time. But I have to express with sorrow that my language (Bangla /বাংলা) is not included in the calamares installer as I have tried to install it in another machine recently. But I have checked ubuntu (not sure about other versions of lubuntu) and it is there. What should i do to include it in time of installation?

If you have the time and ability to translate Calamares to your language, that would make it possible for future versions of Lubuntu to include it. I’m sure other speakers of your language would be happy to see this happen.
The Calamares developers have published information on how to get started with contributing a translation: https://github.com/calamares/calamares/wiki/Translate-Guide

1 Like

Thanks for swift reply. In your link, I find transifex. So if I start contributing by translation, will my language be included? Is that the process? I want to know as it is a huge task, I guess.

1 Like

That should be the process. Of course, it will take some time before it gets into Lubuntu, as it first needs to get into Calamares and then that version of Calamares needs to be included in the next release of Lubuntu.

If you want to be certain you’re doing it the right way before you start the work, it’s probably best to ask the Calamares team. For example by opening an issue on their Github page. Offers to contribute a translation are usually warmly welcomed by any team of developers.

1 Like