Wallpapers Mode

Whenever I try to open the file manager from taskbar icon nothing happens. If I try to open the file manager from desktop options I get this message.

“Failed to execute child process “lxsession-default” (No such file or directory)”

BTW my desktop options also changed. Previously clicking right mouse button would let me access options such as change background etc. now they are missing and replaced with open file manager, multimedia etc. My desktop background is now blank. If i typing “pcmanfm --dekstop” it’s work but wasn’t work open direktory to terminal and lost my icon comouter.

**strong text**

What release are you asking about?

(why does this look so like https://askubuntu.com/questions/1144623/lubuntu-1810-failed-to-execute-child-process-lxsession-default-no-such-file ? )

Currently right now im using 20.04 the issue same like that but i can’t fixed

20.04 doesn’t have pcmanfm and lxsession by default. It has pcmanfm-qt and lxqt-session, and there are some differences. If you have a mix of lxde and LXQt it might explain the issue.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.