Stuck on splash screen

Unfortunately, the /home directory isn’t separated, I just installed it with the installer’s recommended options. Do you think reinstalling the OS is another way to fix it? Or is there still a way for me to fix it manually?

I got a new syslog file, the previous two are just from the recovery mode, which I think doesn’t reproduce the issue, am I right?

I somehow managed to run TTY2 terminal when I got stuck in the loading screen and copied a shorter syslog:

I didn’t know if that worked or not and I had no way of testing myself so props to you for getting that.

I will take a look and see if I can find anything. :+1:

@VladdyHell
Unfortunately, I cannot make heads or tails of what’s wrong. I’ve checked them and I tried checking line by line for anything that popped out at me but I couldn’t find anything related to graphics.

My recommendation at this point would be to try getting the drivers as mentioned in my post above as specified in the Ubuntu wiki:

Ubuntu has a wiki page for details on installing drivers under Ubuntu:

BinaryDriverHowto - Community Help Wiki

Following the steps listed there for your card might prove better results.

Something worth noting, however, is that Lubuntu 21.04 will reach EOL next month. At that point, you’ll likely stop seeing patches/fixes come in. Your best option for continuing support is to install a supported release. At this time, this is a 20.04/LTS release (currently 20.04.3) or the latest interim release 21.10.

Of course, that is coming down the line and the choice is up to you. Just keep in mind that any problems that may linger until the end of the release may never get fixed unless you upgrade or switch to LTS.

Someone else might chime in here but if you want, you can also seek guidance at ubuntuforums.org or linuxquestions.org.

Good luck!

3 Likes