Stop update notifier popup

The little Update Notifier window pops up every half hour or so when I’m using my computer. It’s annoying. How do I stop it? Once every day or two would be OK, but every half hour is way too much. I don’t need to be notified that often. System is Lubuntu 20.04

Firstly, an apology as I see you’ve asked this before and didn’t get a meaningful answer; so I’m sorry.

It’s been asked before many times, I’ll refer though to a question on askubuntu. Alas it was one where the user had mostly worked out the answer for themselves, but I can’t find the one I’m looking for.

• another on disabling the notifier can be found here.
  • on removing livepatch popup here

If I find the one I’m looking for, I’ll add it to this reply.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will try the brute force method of changing the file /usr/lib/lubuntu-update-notifier/lubuntu-upg-notifier.sh so that the sleep value which is set near the end is something larger than the factory default 3600. I guess I’ll find out in a while whether that worked.

1 Like

Simply
Start Menu \ Preferences \ LXQT Settings \ LXQT Session Configuration
In option Startup disable upgNotifier

3 Likes

Is there a way of making the notifier persistent in the panel? Have it one color when it checks and there are no updates, then change to a different color (yellow (regular updates) or red (security updates)) when updates are available?

Since installing Lubuntu, I have not even seen this popup and have been manually checking for updates.

TIA.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.