SSID duplicated(Wifi connection)

I have a question nmcli results, before establishing the connection I have this output:

lubuntu@lubuntu:~$ nmcli dev wifi
IN-USE  SSID                             MODE   CHAN  RATE       SIGNAL  BARS  SECURITY  
   wifi access point             Infra         1       54 Mbit/s      74      ▂▄▆_     WPA2      

-Then I bring up the connection:

lubuntu@lubuntu:~$ nmcli c up wifi connection 1 
Connection successfully activated (D-Bus active path: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/6)

I am connected and all is fine, but I don t see how after the connection I have this output:

lubuntu@lubuntu:~$ nmcli dev wifi
IN-USE  SSID                             MODE   CHAN  RATE       SIGNAL  BARS  SECURITY  
*  wifi access point             Infra         1      54 Mbit/s        69      ▂▄▆_     WPA2      
*  wifi access point             Infra         1      54 Mbit/s        60      ▂▄▆_     WPA2      

As you see the connection name is duplicated. The wifi computer card is acting as a modem with the same name?
Thanks for answer

Perhaps you have two wifi cards? What do you get out of nmcli device? Then take whichever interface is the expected one and try nmcli wifi list ifname <interface>. Does it still give you two?

~$  nmcli device

DEVICE       TYPE      STATE        CONNECTION 
wlp3s0          wifi      connected    DRB        
enp7s0       ethernet  unavailable  --         
lo              loopback  unmanaged    --  

wlp3s0 is my computer wifi card

~$ nmcli wifi list ifname wifi connection 1, output indicates two identical wifi access points(SSID, Mode, Channel, Rate, the same shown above)
There is a difference in the Signal value: 69 and 60.

I meant nmcli wifi list wlp3s0.

nmcli wifi list wlp3s0 this command gives and error:
Error: Object ‘wifi’ is unknown, try ‘nmcli help’.

Sorry, nmcli device wifi list ifname wlp3s0.

~$ sudo nmcli dev wifi list wlp3s0
Output: 2 identical wifi access points

True if you don’t sudo?

with or without sudo is the same output
in both the first line indicates : Unknown parameter: wlp3s0

What does nmcli connection show give you? Oh and you shouldn’t need to be sudoing anything.

nmcli connection show

first line: Wifi connection 1 , UID, Type, device wlp3s0
second line: Wired connection 1 ,UID, Type, device –

Maybe the wifi modem has two wifi cards?

Out of curiosity… could you list what machine you have? Like model—and perhaps what pops up when you enter lspci into terminal?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.