Skanpage looks wrong and starts with warnings in Lubuntu 24.04

Hey,

I have encountered an issue with Skanpage in Lubuntu 24.04. First, it had some dependencies missing after installation, but this, I believe, not related to Lubuntu and must be fixed by KDE or Ubuntu teams. I installed the dependencies myself, and the program started.

But it looks like that I didn’t install all of the missing dependencies, or there is something special with LXQT itself. Skanpage doesn’t follow the Qt theme (that all other KDE applications follow, like KWrite and Kate that I installed). Moreover, it doesn’t have a title bar and can’t be moved anywhere from the left upper corner position. As an addition, there are several errors in the terminal if Skanpage started from here.

The text from terminal is below the cut

Summary

kf.kirigami: Failed to find a Kirigami platform plugin
Cannot initialize model with data QJsonObject(). missing: QJsonValue(string, “urls”)
file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/DefaultFileDialog.qml:413:17: QML ToolButton: Binding loop detected for property “implicitHeight”
file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/DefaultFileDialog.qml:309:21: QML Button: Binding loop detected for property “implicitHeight”
file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/DefaultFileDialog.qml:309:21: QML Button: Binding loop detected for property “implicitHeight”
file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/DefaultFileDialog.qml:413:17: QML ToolButton: Binding loop detected for property “implicitHeight”
qrc:/qml/ExportWindow.qml:127: TypeError: Value is null and could not be converted to an object
qrc:/qml/ShareWindow.qml:123: TypeError: Value is null and could not be converted to an object
file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/AboutItem.qml:214: ReferenceError: page is not defined
file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ToolBar.qml:146:9: QML QQuickItem*: Binding loop detected for property “layoutHeight”
qrc:/qml/SettingsWindow.qml:28:5: QML FormLayout: Binding loop detected for property “implicitHeight”
file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ToolBar.qml:146:9: QML QQuickItem*: Binding loop detected for property “layoutHeight”
file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/AboutItem.qml:166:5: QML FormLayout: Binding loop detected for property “implicitHeight”
file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/AboutItem.qml:214: ReferenceError: page is not defined
qrc:/qml/DocumentPage.qml:47:49: Unable to assign [undefined] to int

Again I’ve installed it from Flathub in a VM with 24.04 LTS and it works without any issues.

Addendum:

(1) The icons Skanpage uses are the same on my install:

Hence I see no problem with that.

(2) Moving the window may be possible by right clicking on the icon in the task bar and choosing ‘Move’. Does this work?

1 Like

Yes, the move trick works. Thanks.
Though it still looks like a foreign object in the system, not following the Qt theme (Breeze Dark). Same issue for deb and flatpak installations.

I think it’s unfortunately a feature of Skanpage, not a bug.

Addendum:

I’ve installed Kate which has an appearance option in its settings menu (named Window Color Scheme) where you can choose ‘Breeze Dark’. Skanpage is made much simpler. There is no such option.

This may be due to the fact that Kate is made by the KDE community while Skanpage is made by two authors only:
authors

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.