Setting defaults in PCManFM-Qt

Hi. I have noticed that PCManFM-Qt displays folder contents as icons by default and to change that I’ve had to click on “Preserve Settings For This Folder” individually for each folder. I tried to find a place to set the default settings. The page Home · lxqt/pcmanfm-qt Wiki · GitHub instructs:
“PCManFM-Qt has four view modes: icon view, thumbnail view, compact view, and detailed list view. You can choose the default mode in Preferences → Behavior → Default view mode (it is icon view by default).”

It seemed, however, that my Lubuntu 22.04.1 LTS doesn’t have the title “Behavior” anywhere under Preferences. Or does that refer to some other tree hierarchy than the start menu?

Where may I set defaults such as the view mode of folders, please?

I found the solution: The “Preferences” in the Wiki referred to the menu item that is shown when opening the “Edit” item of the menu bar at the top of a PCManFM-qt window. There the “Default view mode” was to be found.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.