Screen does not resize in Virtualbox

Even with “Auto-resize Guest Display” enabled and the guest additions installed resizing the screen still does not work. It seems to work in some respect because a large window on boot is filled but resizing later does not work.

Does anybody know what I need to allow on the fly resizing?

Who is the guest? And who is the host? I’m using Lubuntu 18.04 as host with Lubuntu 20.04 as guest on VirtualBox and resize work perfectly.

This is with Lubuntu 20.04 as guest on a Windows 10 host.

What version of VirtualBox are you both using? Do you have the Extension Pack installed? Guest Additions? What versions?

I do not have the extensions. The version is 6.1.6. I did install the guest additions using:
sudo apt install virtualbox-guest-dkms virtualbox-guest-x11 virtualbox-guest-utils which worked on regular Ubuntu.

Guys, I have tried two more times and I cannot reproduce the problem. In both cases it just works, I don’t think I did anything different.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@simon glad your problem is fixed. One personal suggestion as a heavy VirtualBox user: use the repositories from Oracle themselves.