Rotating touch input to match screen rotation?

auto rotate does not seem to work with lubuntu on this device, but the touch screen input is not rotated with the current screen orientation. is there a way to rotate the touch screen to match? currently i believe its set “xrandr -o right” so i can use the hardware keyboard and touchpad. funny side if it matters, the boot decypt password prompt, and bios are oriented correctly, the lubuntu boot in loading logo is rotated incorrectly,but the log in is rotated correct again once its ready prompting user/pswd.

asus tablet t102ha-c4-gr transformer 10.1 inch 4gb intel quad core atom x5-z8350, intel hd integrated gfx

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 21.04
Release: 21.04
Codename: hirsute

Given Lubuntu 21.04 is now in it’s last week of support, I’d release-upgrade asap or if it’s a new install (you mention installing but gave no timeline though your wording implies to me it’s a recent install) I’d re-install a release that has will still be supported next Friday (21 January 2022).

If this is a new install; I’d suggest starting again with a release that will still be supported on Friday 21 January 2022.

If it’s not a new install I’d release-upgrade asap and look at the issue there as you’ll be using a new kernel stack, thus new kernel modules (aka drivers). I wouldn’t spend a lot of time/energy trying to fix something that is in it’s last week of life/support (though it’s your choice).

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 21.10
Release: 21.10
Codename: impish

no change after update, touch screen point in portrait and i have no idea where to go to rotate it. no menu option that i can find for it in the gui, and i only know xrandr which doesnt seem to change the touch orientation, just the image.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.