Raspberry Pi 4 images?

It seems like there are Lubuntu images for only the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 on the downloads page. Any heads up on when to expect an official image for the Raspberry Pi 4?

Do the Lubuntu images for the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 work with worth the Raspberry Pi 4?

The images for the 2 and 3 are part of the Ubuntu Pi Flavor Maker project which has long since stalled. We will likely recommend people use the Ubuntu Server images and install the lubuntu-desktop package going forward but this needs testing.

Maybe make installation images based on the Ubuntu Server Pi images with lubuntu-desktop? I haven’t had a good experience installing a DE post-installation of Ubuntu Server before.

You should try again. Heck, they (the Ubuntu Server website) even recommend it.

I just tried it. At first, I thought it was going to prompt me for Wi-Fi, but it didn’t, so I had to use an ethernet cable. I then installed lubuntu-desktop, and it took overnight to do so. I rebooted, and there isn’t a desktop yet. It just halted at the cloud-init part, and I couldn’t write in the terminal, so I had to pull the plug to off it. I am using the 19.04.1 64-bit Pi 4 image.

Sounds like an issue with the initial image. Did you verify the installation media before installing?