Qt program for sensors?

Is there a program written using Qt that displays sensor data like psensor for GTK?

1 Like

Untested:

I seem to recall that psensor worked more or less okay, depending on the hardware.

3 Likes

The problem with psensor is I resized the window and now everything is off screen.
I can’t get it back. :frowning:
pwnsensor is not in the repos. :frowning:
What would be required to get it the official repo?

2 Likes

It appears though you need to add a PPA. The directions are on the linked page - though I’ve not tested it.

I think that requires a sponsor, someone who will take care to ensure it is upgraded? That’s a question for someone who does that. I’m just the dude that does a bunch of testing, when test builds are available.

It hasn’t been updated in 9 years.

E: The repository ‘https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/henrythasler/pwnsensor/ubuntu jammy Release’ does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

I was able to compile it.
I plans to make the changes I want (we’ll see how that goes :-)) and then maybe get it in an official repo.

LOL When I said I hadn’t tested it, I was not kidding! Sorry about that, I didn’t realize they’d not kept the PPA updated. It kinda sucks when that happens.

Anyhow, I’m glad you were able to compile it. GitHub is a great place to fork the project and make it your own. You might be able to get a few folks to help by testing it, which would likely benefit your new project. I’m not sure here is the right place to ask for testing help, when you do get to that point, but there are other places to ask. (People use linux.org to look for testers with some regularity. There are other forums as well.)

But, by all means, let me know how it goes. I’m a bit curious. I’m positive someone here will help explain the process when it’s time to get it into the repos.

I decided to start from almost scratch with a new app.
The existing app is too complicated for me to understand.
I am stealing the qt interface to read the sensors. :slight_smile:
There’s a sensor widget which I might also steal from. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck and, again, do let me know. I’ll check it out, but I can’t guarantee that I’ll have time to test it for you. I’m sure others will be curious.

Whenever your project is finished, I’d be happy to package it so you can upload it to a PPA.

Getting new software into Ubuntu probably should start by getting it into Debian. I’m not clear on all the details of getting new software into Debian, but I’m in touch with people who can make things happen in both the Debian and Ubuntu worlds, so figuring out the next steps shouldn’t be too difficult in the event I can’t dig up the right documentation easily.

I do know that you’ll want to use a license that works with the Debian Free Software Guidelines - some info about that (along with some licenses you might consider using) is available here: DFSGLicenses - Debian Wiki

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.