Network Manager Unable to Manage Connections

Hi,
I’m encountering a frustrating issue with my Lubuntu setup and could really use some help. I’ve been using Lubuntu for a while now without any major issues, but recently, I’ve hit a snag with my network connections. Here’s the situation:

NetworkManager[xxxx]: <error> [timestamp] [nm-manager.c:xxxx] nm_manager_init: could not read from /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf: Key file contains line 'invalid_key' which is not a key-value pair, group, or comment

It seems like my Network Manager has run into a configuration problem. The error message suggests there’s an issue with my /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf file, specifically an invalid entry that’s not being recognized as a key-value pair, group, or comment.

When I search about this, I came across to these resources/articles, benefits of power bi network manager says "device not managed" - Ask Ubuntu, and as per them I need to back up my existing configuration file and reset Network Manager by removing and reinstalling it:

sudo apt-get purge network-manager
sudo apt-get install network-manager

I followed the same but still getting the same issue.

Kindly help me to get out of this issue.

Thanks

If I consider packages (your question mentions them) I’ll always consider the release first, as software changes over time.

What release are you using? Its helpful if we know what software stack you’re actually using (esp. release) if we’re to provide meaningful and accurate advice.

Further, as a lot of the machine settings are set during install time, also stating if this is a recent/new install, or a release from years ago (ie. what release was it installed with) is also helpful, as a release-upgraded system often keeps prior defaults, rather than new defaults of newer installs. Is this a recent install? or legacy install you’ve release-upgraded to your current release?

1 Like

So what’s the content of said file?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.