Missing Lubuntu Software Center on Lubuntu 18

I can’t see Lubuntu Software Center, Setup Hot Keys and Software on System Settings after upgrading from Lubuntu 16.04 to Lubuntu 18.04. I can launch Synaptic only in terminal. What should I do? On another laptop with Lubuntu 18.04 everything is good.

18.04 is unsupported. Please install 22.04. DO NOT attempt to upgrade. The 18.04 to 18.10 upgrade path was never supported.

4 Likes

https://lubuntu.me/bionic-eol/

As was blogged 29 April 2021

Lubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) was released April 27, 2018 and will reach End of Life on Friday, April 30, 2021. This means that after that date there will be no further security updates or bugfixes released. We highly recommend that you re-install with 20.04 as soon as possible if you are still running 18.04.

After April 30th, the only supported releases of Lubuntu will be 20.04 (until April 2023), 20.10 (until July 2021), and 21.04 (until January 2022). All other releases of Lubuntu will be considered unsupported, and will no longer receive any further updates (or support) from the Lubuntu team.

FYI: Since then, all releases mentioned in what I quoted are EOL now too, with Lubuntu 22.04 being the oldest release we now support.

Keep your system offline unless you have ESM enabled.

4 Likes

I found this solution:
I will logging out / in again several times after changing Policykit setting. I will choose Autostart and check-marking "Policykit Authentication Agent and I will issuing the command: sudo apt install gnome-software.
This is my substitute computer without internet.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.