Minis Forum N34. Keep or Trash?

I have a Minis Forum, Model N34 that had been sitting idle for a few years. I just tried to install the latest LTS Lubuntu from a bootable USB. I filled in all the information and it began its timeline of installing files, but then the screen went black and froze with the following output:

[ 3.913170] tpm_crb MSFT0101:00: [Firmware Bug]: ACPI region does not cover t
he entire command/response buffer. [mem 0xfed40000-0xfed4087f flags 0x200] vs fe
d40080 f80
[ 3.913218] tpm_crb MSFT0101:00: [Firmware Bug]: ACPI region does not cover t
he entire command/response buffer. [mem 0xfed40000-0xfed4087f flags 0x200] vs fe
d40080 f80

Is there a remedy for this “Firmware Bug” or is this device not worth salvaging?
TIA for any assistance.

1 Like

Installation for a 2nd Minis Forum N34 appears to have stalled at 5%, Unpacking image 1/1, file 7077/271479, but the screen is still displaying the installation app.There is no visible mouse cursor and the keyboard is unresponsive. I did not have any issues with Kodlix GN41 or Beelink Gemini N41 devices.

I’ll firstly state I don’t know what your problem is, don’t know your hardware, and for now anyway I’m ignoring your firmware bug messages (which may or may not be vital clues).

If I have issues with any install; the first thing I’d check is media; maybe I’m just unlucky but I seem to have lots of media issues.

Did you verify your ISO as per Ubuntu or Lubuntu docs? Why? I’ve written about that here

If I have problems during install; did you review logs of the installer? click to view messages etc? or just check system logs for problems with the installation media (as any of these will cause misleading messages meaning these need to be checked first; as per here for example)

There are tools to check ISO writes such as here too, myself I think of these checks as as cheap insurance.

1 Like

You could try turning off TPM in bios, to see if it’s a quick fix.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m going to restart from square one. I had not included the checks. I suppose I’ve always been lucky. Until now :wink:
I’ll post my results.

PEBKAC. The ISO image passed the checksum tests, but my bootable USB stick had become faulty. I created a new bootable USB and the installation proceeded without error.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.