Mantic wallpaper

Without our wallpaper contest, the development team was left to its own devices to create a 23.10 wallpaper. To be fair, it seemed I was the only one brave enough to try. With a little help from an Inkscape tutorial I found, as well as a little extra finishing touch from Ubuntu Studio’s Erich Eichmeyer, we came up with this:

What do you all think? Be gentle, we’re not graphic artists. :wink:

Please note: this image is a lower resolution, lower quality image than the final we’ll use

7 Likes

Looks great Walter, thanks.

3 Likes

Looks familiar enough but with it’s own twist. Neat :grin:

Looking forward to the next wallpaper contest. :wink:

3 Likes

Since I heard no detractors, I went ahead and uploaded this in lubuntu-artwork 23.10.3. Should be on the 20230918 daily.

2 Likes

Should I set this also as the SDDM login or does someone else want to do something? :slight_smile:

Upgraded packages, and new Lubuntu wallpaper page (with maze) is installed. It looks great !

1 Like

In lieu of other options, I simply re-used the wallpaper for the SDDM background. You’ll find that change in 23.10.4 of lubuntu-artwork.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Cool, me like it!!!

3 Likes

All I get is “Image could not be loaded”.
Or is that the joke?

EDIT: Actually I can’t see any images on the forum in any browser (Floorp, Firefox, Ungoogled Chromium), even ones that I could see before (e.g. screenshot thread). Weird!