LXQt updates for Lubuntu 20.04?

I’ve been using Lubuntu 20.04 for a few days, and it’s exactly what I’m looking for.

I see it includes LXQt 0.14. Will Lubuntu 20.04 be updated to newer versions of LXQt as they’re released? Or, will it stick with the 0.14?

In Ubuntu and flavors of Ubuntu, the normal behavior is the packages released remain the same for the life of that release, with only security fixes back-ported to it.

There are odd times when the back-porting of security fixes involves more work than just packaging, testing and releasing the newer versions, so upgraded versions do get packaged, but these occasions are extremely rare (esp. if an update of LXQt requires an upgrade of the Qt stack used for example, that would require all software found in ‘universe’ to be upgraded as well, including Kubuntu’s packages).

The end result is the answer is almost certainly it’ll remain the same.

If you want later software, you can bump to the non-LTS path, ie. 20.04 → 20.10, and move to 21.04 when it’s released etc.

6 Likes

No reason to change, really. LXQt 0.14.1 works great, why change that? Unless you suffer from “upgradeitis” :slight_smile:

2 Likes