Lubuntu session type in X2Go Client's connection

Hi.
Does anyone use Lubuntu 20.04 + X2Go on his own server?

How do I connect remotely from client to server to run the “Lubuntu” desktop environment?

X2GoClient has no such option by default in session type. And when I choose “Custom desktop” and enter “startlxqt” in the “run command” field, a session with a pure LXQt environment opens for me :frowning:

I would like to see Lubuntu desktop here.

Just my 2¢: I’ve had the best experience with NoMachine. Yes, I know it’s proprietary. It sucks. But it works the best. I’d advise that over anything else. I’ve never had to fiddle with anything to make it work.

That said, if you want to use X2Go, you should note that the Desktop Entry for the Lubuntu session sets an environment variable when calling startlxqt and it may be best to copy that:

env LXQT_DEFAULT_OPENBOX_CONFIG="/etc/xdg/xdg-Lubuntu/openbox/lxqt-rc.xml" /usr/bin/startlxqt

Another good idea is using full paths as the above does, as well. It may be possible that your $PATH is not the same.

Barring that, it may be an issue with not having all the XDG variables set correctly. Look into our XDG implementation for more information.

I should add I have not used X2Go except for some really brief fiddling a long while ago so I’m more answering the question about how the session is normally started than about how to make X2Go work. Others may have additional insight.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.