Lubuntu, Protonmail, and Trojita

I took a look at Lubuntu 20.04 today, and must say I’m very impressed with how it has changed with the implementation of LXQt! Everyone involved in this project has done fine work for certain!
My main laptop runs Kubuntu, but I have a travel/backup laptop running Xubuntu currently that I think would be perfect for Lubuntu, and wouldn’t mind making the switch since I’ve become better versed in Qt than I am in GTK these days. However, I notice that the default email provider is Trojita. No issue there, I intend to run light apps on this machine anyway, but Protonmail doesn’t provide configuration instructions for Trojita the way they do Thunderbird.
Is anyone using Trojita with Protonmail? Could I be pointed towards a guide that would walk me through the configuration?
Thank you!

Hello @HellsBells24 and welcome to lubuntu. I find that you can not use protonmail without a IMAP/SMTP bridge with any email client. But if I am not wrong then you will need a paid plan to use this client.
So if you are a paid user of protonmail then follow their official process in details at protonmail bridge to use protonmail in trojita in lubuntu.

1 Like

Well yes, I have a paid Protonmail plan and that plan allows me to use the Protonmail Bridge (which I’ve successfully installed on a Live instance of Lubuntu). However, the official process on how to configure the bridge for Linux centers around Thunderbird, not Trojita. As I’ve never configured Trojita before, I’m wondering if anyone has and can provide some guidance.

Figured out how to do it! Only issue I’ve noticed is that if I click on an email the body says that “Cached messages not available offline” or something to that effect, despite the fact that I’m online. I also seem to get some kind of error message every time I receive an email, it only becomes visible if I close the app completely and reopen. Anyone seen anything like this?
At work right now, I can post terminal outputs if that helps later.

c@-xps139360:~$ trojita
Icon theme “elementary” not found.
IMAP Parser warning: body-fld-dsp not a list or nil, got this instead: “inline”
Response with no data besides the response code, yuck “* OK [UNSEEN 0] \r\n”
qt.svg: Cannot open file ‘:/icons/network-offline.svg’, because: No such file or directory
qt.svg: Cannot open file ‘:/icons/network-offline.svg’, because: No such file or directory
Response with no data besides the response code, yuck “* OK [UNSEEN 1] \r\n”
imapError “

The IMAP server sent us a reply which we could not parse. This might either mean that there’s a bug in Trojitá’s code, or that the IMAP server you are connected to is broken. Please report this as a bug anyway. Here are the details:

UnknownMessageIndex: Got FETCH that is out of bounds – got 5 messages\r\nFETCH 6 ( FLAGS "nonjunk" UID "13")

\n

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.