Lubuntu look-and-feel on AWS EC2

I started an Ubuntu 20.04 instance on an AWS EC2 and installed lubuntu-desktop as well as x2go. I can login via x2go, get an LXQT desktop but the look-and-feel is different compared to a Lubuntu installation on a local PC. Is there a way to get the same appearance? Thanks!

I think I read somewhere before on here where someone explained that trying to get LXQt like that and expecting it to look like Lubuntu might not work exactly. I don’t know the specifics but it sounds like that’s normal to me. Maybe something changed and I’m not aware of it though so let’s see if someone more involved with the tech can chime in. There might be some conflict with having both Gnome and LXQt on that box.

When you say look and feel though… what do you mean exactly? If it’s just slow… that’s likely all coming from AWS. There’s nothing these guys can do. If by different you mean ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ maybe some other graphical things are different, then please explain.

Thanks for the quick reply. The performance is as expected and okay. Gnome is not installed, just lubuntu-desktop on a server image.

When you say look and feel though… what do you mean exactly?

I get a standard LXQT desktop without any Lubuntu-specific customizations of the panel, color scheme, desktop icons, wallpaper etc. Still good to work with and not a big issue, but not what you would expect when you are used to Lubuntu.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.