Lubuntu Eoan final waiting 90 seconds during boot - bug fixed in released 19.10

ISO-testing:

Lubuntu Eoan dated Oct 6 was not affected by this bug. The current daily iso file (the ‘final’ candidate) boots very slowly (when cloned into a live drive). It is waiting for 1 min 30 seconds.

This bug affects also Xubuntu, but not standard Ubuntu desktop, which means that Lubuntu (and Xubuntu) live boot slower than the heavier standard Ubuntu. I hope we have time to fix this issue.

I have created this bug report, but I am not sure that I am blaming the correct culprit (program package).

I have also created this new thread about it at the Ubuntu Forums.

Please have a look at it (test that it affects you too, and try to find out where to start looking for a bug-fix.

Edit: Could this bug report about Kubuntu be related?

Edit 2: added this photo of the waiting screen (booted without ‘quiet splash’)

![lubuntu-waiting-90s|690x404]

1 Like

Thanks, I saw the launchpad bug report (i mentioned it as possibly relating to a ubu-mate issue on #ubuntu-release hours ago; @wxl likewise had the same thought & commented there too; the second lp bug report I see referenced too later).

I ran a couple of tests looking at it (on what is now yesterday’s daily; Live Session in Lubuntu Desktop amd64 in Eoan Daily (archived) | Ubuntu QA), but as I don’t stop-watch time boots, I doubted I’d notice 90 seconds extra with any sense of accuracy (I usually watch first boot on a desktop [no wifi]; subsequent boots I ignore & instead start recording details at iso.qa.ubuntu.com. I didn’t write comment on your bug report (maybe I should have; sorry)

Any bug that doesn’t seem sets-computer-on-fire levels of important is definitely not RC at this point

I doubt it’ll get fixed (on 19.10 ISO) … but I’ll take direction from others with opinions (should I go looking for my stop-watch for example). Thank you again for testing, and letting us know of the issue (also the pictures; plymouth would have hidden those messages for me, and I didn’t think to stop them!)

1 Like

This bug is squashed in the current final iso file. It was another manifestation of the ‘Kubuntu bug’ first believed to be in ubiquity, then found to be in casper.

2 Likes