Lubuntu 22.04.1 point release

hello forums,

anything new coming with the 22.04.1 point release.

i’ve read about what’s new in 22.04.1 ubuntu point release and the deley.

my current lubuntu 22.04 is working great.

just curious nothing more.

thanks.

1 Like

Your running system is already running 22.04.1, the release date is talking about the ISO release date.

To quote the release notes

What’s The Difference Between Lubuntu 22.04 LTS And This Release?

Lubuntu 22.04.1 is a set of images produced for convenience so that a fresh install of the latest Lubuntu LTS does not require as many updates after install (as Lubuntu continues to release Stable Release Updates and security fixes to make your experience as smooth as possible and to fix any bugs, if you want to help us out with this, see below, we always need more help). If you do system updates regularly, you are already running Lubuntu 22.04.1 LTS, and if you install Lubuntu on a system using a Lubuntu 22.04 LTS image and do system updates, that system will also then be running Lubuntu 22.04.1 LTS.

Beyond the versions of software, mention is made of firefox now starting much faster (on initial run where it was slower),

The big difference to me though is in the installer, which existing users won’t even see, ie.

Installer

Lubuntu uses the Calamares system installer in place of the Ubiquity installer that most other flavors use. 22.04 ships with Calamares 3.2.60. … For a full description of the new features and fixes, see the upstream announcements for 3.2.60. You’ll note this is a later calamares than prior Lubuntu 22.04 LTS media provided.

I’ve only cherry-picked some quotes from the Lubuntu 22.04.1 release notes here (and quite possibly focused on what I personally noticed), but key is existing users are already running 22.04.1.

4 Likes

Yep I am just hadn’t noticed.

I can say that Firefox Snap seems to open a lot faster from a cold system power on and or from a system restart.

Okay Thanks @guiverc

4 Likes

That turns out to be very true; it just occurred to me the following is possibly great news to some btrfs users

Resolved Bugs

The original Lubuntu 22.04 LTS media when used to install with a btrfs file-system usually resulted in an unbootable system due to this bug. This did not affect upgraded systems, impacting only new installs using BTRFS file-systems and 22.04 media; this issue will not impact new installs of Lubuntu 22.04.1 LTS.

3 Likes