Lubuntu 21.04 hirsute PS3 controller strange issues

I has two original PS3 controllers had worked correctly in windows.
When using Lubuntu 21.04 and connect one controller in few minutes the right analog is totally to up thus up and down not work and after more some minutes the controller was powered off not being possible power on even using PS button to bluetooth connection.
Now the controller only power on if power off for some hours and when power on will be powered off for few minutes.
Thus had tested a second controller. In few minutes the same issue with right analog totally to up even not moving to up and had disconnected that controller to avoid the same power off issue that had happened with another controller.

Look how something was done internally in controller eprom.
I had posted in HIDAPI and RPCS3 forums trying figure where is the problem.
The links are below
https://github.com/libusb/hidapi/issues/283
https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/10495

Not problems in USB ports or USB cables.
Where to post about that issue to be accessed for kernel ps3 controller driver developer ?

Thanks for reply.

Somewhat related: [ubuntu] Lubuntu 21.04 PS3 DS3 automatically power off and right analog issues

Sorry I have no experience with game controllers on PCs (Lubuntu or otherwise)… and saw the UF post as generic (not Lubuntu specific) so I stayed quiet (nothing to offer). Link added here only as history maybe helpful & saves folks looking up history.

I have insufficient knowledge here, but I’d assume it’s related to the kernel and/or kernel modules thus I’d file a bug report against linux if that’s what you’re asking.

1 Like

" I have insufficient knowledge here, but I’d assume it’s related to the kernel and/or kernel modules thus I’d file a bug report against linux if that’s what you’re asking."
Oh yes … will help other users.
You post in an area where will be accessed for developers ? Thanks very much.

Have a nice week guiverc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.