Lubuntu 20.10 Groovy Gorilla crash install

1. YES
  2. YES
  3. No. Bionic is CPU 32 bits machine. I boot using another machine being CPU 64 bits.
  4. YES
  5. YES. Any machine is the same problem.
    Is displayed the message below even if starting using sudo and partition was mounted and being displayed in PCManFM and gnome-disk.

For “fix” need first to remove all others partitions and for last the “writable” partition.
All partitions was created by utility Startup disk creator for boot Lubuntu groovy install.

Ok now to answer the questions you didn’t answer:

1. What is your preferred language?
  2. If you run sudo fdisk -l on one of these systems, what’s the result? Please pick one system for future tests and let us know what it is. I would prefer you pick the one that you used for that screenshot.
  3. You are mounting this with pcmanfm-qt?
  4. When you say “starting using sudo” what do you mean?
  5. Do you get that same error on every system you’re using?
  6. You say the partitions were created by Startup Disk Creator. That typically isn’t used to create a normal partition scheme for a normal storage drive. Are you actually booting from the USB and trying to modify that same USB at the same time???
  1. Portuguese or English.
  2. I not known fdisk. I always had used gnome disk utility.
    Running fdisk is displayed details about the system disk sda.
  3. When the USB drive is inserted automatically is mounted on system and I try see using PCManFM on Bionic.
  4. The utility was started with sudo command.
  5. Yes in each system.
  6. Not booting or modify at same time.
    When using Startup disk creator automatically are created partitions. The problem is that if try create the Startup disk using Bionic the writable partition not is writable here for any system (Bionic and Focal) and more strange is that gnome disk utility not allow remove the writable partition displaying the screenshot from previous reply. To remove the writable partition need first remove all others partitions and in sequence the writable partition will be removed without errors or warnings.

Another detail is that using Lubuntu focal with the KDE partition utility the USB pen drive with groovy shows a lock on the writable partition although I did not create that lock.

1 Like

Please re-ask your question at em português and please include all of the information you have provided here.

the problem not being possible write to writable partition is because when inserting the usb drive is mounted being root.
Starting gnome disk being user not allow remove or edit the partition, but strange detail is that if removing the first partitions is possible remove the last partition.
The startup disk creator is started being user and the partition “writable” is mounted being root.
Creating an directory and changing owner to user perhaps has full access.

Only reporting being that an solution is simple.
Have an nice day.

1 Like

Maybe I am misunderstanding as well but are you looking to have a bootable USB with persistence? If so, check out mk-usb. Otherwise when you use a tool like startup disk creator, or Balena etcher to create your disk you probably don’t want to add files to it so that the image doesn’t get corrupted.

2 Likes

Not want to use persistence.
Only reporting an issue.
Had also another strange detail happening when finishing Lubuntu installation. Only is possible use one time the created USB drive using Lubuntu 20.04 installation.
When finished installation trying start USB Lubuntu not is started the installation with message about missing grub.
Strange the solution is when finishing the installation remove the USB drive thus the drive boot not is deleted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.