Lubuntu 20.04 - Super+Left shortcut is not functional where other direction work

Hello, I have pb with a fresh install of lubuntu v20.04 with shortcuts. I was addict to the shortcuts Super+Arrows that tiled the windows under lubuntu v18. I tried to add theses shortcuts to lxqt-rc.xml (see code below).

It works perfectly for Super+Right / Super+Up / Super+Down , but is not functionnal for Super+Left . Note that the command openbox --reconfigure does not change the situation.

I’ve noticed other stange behaviour.

First: all the shortcuts were disabled after a reboot, the later open --reconfigure command did not bring them back.

Second: I tried to change the key to add control (e.g. C-W-Left ). All worked, except C-W-Right that was not functionnal !!

Does anybody have an idea why Super+Left is not functionnal ?
Is there any additionnal shortcut application that is taking over openbox ?

note: I’ve posted here as a recommandation from https://askubuntu.com/questions/1245776/lubuntu-20-04-superleft-shortcut-is-not-functional-where-other-direction-work?noredirect=1#comment2101398_1245776

Here is the extract of lxqt-rc.xml .

<keybind key="W-Left">
        <action name="UnmaximizeFull"/>
        <action name="MaximizeVert"/>
        <action name="MoveResizeTo">
            <width>50%</width>
        </action>
        <action name="MoveToEdge"><direction>west</direction></action>
    </keybind>
    <keybind key="W-Right">
        <action name="UnmaximizeFull"/>
        <action name="MaximizeVert"/>
        <action name="MoveResizeTo">
            <width>50%</width>
        </action>
        <action name="MoveToEdge"><direction>east</direction></action>
    </keybind>
    <keybind key="W-Down">
       <action name="Unmaximize"/>
    </keybind>
    <keybind key="W-Up">
       <action name="Maximize"/>
    </keybind>

LXQt global-keys takes preference over Openbox keyboard shortcuts. They include the [Super] key shortcut to open the menu, which is probably interfering with your [Super+left] key combination.

You can edit LXQt global-keys in the LXQt settings in the menu. Or you can pick combinations for your openbox shortcut keys that are “free”, like [Control+shift+arrows]

See also my earlier post: https://discourse.lubuntu.me/t/how-to-resize-windows-using-hot-keys-to-fill-50-of-the-screen/1189/2?u=thomas-n

1 Like

I didn’t mention, but the Super key was desactivated in LXQt global-keys:

I may have some other problems, because the modification of lxqt-rc.xml is not giving me the shortcuts I want.

Strange. So you’re saying that when you configure the shortcut keys using [Super+arrows], they all work except for left and if you configure them to use [Control+Super+arrows] they all work except for right?

What happens when you configure them all to use [Control+Shift+arrows]?

Found !

The instruction <keybind key="W-Right"> was not working. I had to use <keybind key="Super-Right"> instead. In my first message, I was mixing Super and W. For some reason, the 2 keys are not the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.