Lubuntu 20.04 freezes at random/ Lubuntu se congela al azar

La semana pasada instale Lubuntu 20.04 en un PC con 4Gb Ram y 512Gb disco. Ese Pc con Windows 7 funcionaba bien pero cometi el error de instalar Lubuntu, que ya me habia dado problemas de congelamiento inexplicable en mi laptop. Este problema hace meses que existe en los foros sobre Lubintu 20.4. Hay alguna solucion? o alguien puede recomendarme una distro mas estable que no consuma demasiados recursos? Gracias!!

Online translation of your question:

Last week I installed Lubuntu 20.04 on a PC with 4Gb Ram and 512Gb disk. That PC with Windows 7 worked fine but I made the mistake of installing Lubuntu, which had already given me inexplicable freezing problems on my laptop. This problem has been around for months on the Lubintu 20.4 forums. Is there any solution? or can someone recommend me a more stable distro that doesn’t consume too many resources? Thanks!!

You didn’t state which ISO you used to install; which provides details on the kernel stack you’ve opted to use. If your machine is getting old, the GA stack being older tends to be perform better for some devices, but newer devices tend to perform better using the newer HWE stack; so you could switch from your unstated current stack to the other choice Ubuntu LTS users have available.

For details on the stack choices, please refer to

(if you installed with 20.04.2 media and are thus using the HWE kernel, look at the first link & search for “*To downgrade from HWE/OEM to GA kernel: *”. Lubuntu 20.04 & 20.04.1 media installs defaulted to the GA kernel)

The possibly more likely question is have you enabled swap?

On a system with only 4GB I’d recommend having swap enabled, as, whilst it won’t freeze a laptop, it’ll appear to impact your system that way when your system is lacking ram - see How to create a swapfile in Lubuntu 20.04 and 20.10

All distros are built from the same source code, so one is generally not more stable than others, it’s more specific hardware tends to prefer a specific version of packages/software (esp. if hardware related; it’ll be the kernel version). 20.04 tells you it’s the 2020-April release of Lubuntu which tells you the age of the software; use that as a clue to compare with the age of components in your unstated box.

Sorry I don’t speak en español, so you’ll need to wait for a non-english reply

2 Likes

Hola. Estaría bien saber el hardware que tienes en tu máquina y si es corriendo el mismo software.

Trata de hacer un dmesg -Hw en un terminal y déjalo abierto, quizás te dé más detalles del problema.

Entiendo que es un problema de drivers con determinado hardware, deberíamos de saber si ocurre solo en lubuntu o es problema de todas las distribuciones en general.

Para todo esto necesitamos más info que quizás la podamos obtener, directamente haciendo en la terminal un lspci

2 Likes

siguen los problemas? Está solucionado?

En el laptop y en el PC, el problema es el mismo: la interfaz de usuario no responde. Teclado congelado, raton congelado. A traves de ssh pude ver que el Lubuntu sigue corriendo, htop me muestra que la CPU se usa a menos del 5% y la memoria menos del 50%.

Estas haciendo algo en particular? Cuando ocurren los cuelgues?

posiblemente no cuelga el sistema entero, si no la parte gráfica.

Termine cambiandome a xubuntu en esos PC con procesador Intel y todo OK. El laptop donde escribo tiene procesador AMD, conserve el Lubntu y no se cuelga.

1 Like