Lubuntu 20.04 and 20.10: Libreoffice: font of some dialog-windows is too small

Oh yeah, that’s a non-issue. Running libreoffice with no other changes will have the same result. It seems that the only component that would require the JRE is Writer and even then it’s only a suggests according to the package, so it must be for only some small part of the total functionality. Ubuntu does not install suggested packages by default, since they’re considered an enhancement that most users would not necessarily want.

Anyways, if you read that wiki, it says to use the default-jre package, which is indeed the suggested package (although other JREs could be substituted). If you install that and the libreoffice-java-common and then try to run the command it offers it doesn’t solve the problem.

Thanks for re-trying. Sorry, I’ve not found a useful related to a 400 Bad request which is what I believe you encountered. The obvious is try again later, but you’ve already done that on my reqeust :slight_smile: I’ll add more if I can.

with
ubuntu-bug libreoffice
in the terminal, my data of my computer could be send now;
so, in other words: I opened a new bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1906162

if you have the same problem with libreoffice, just run in the terminal
ubuntu-bug
type later in the search field something like
libreoffice font small
and look for #1906162
click on it to confirm that you have the same problem

Thanks for your final comment on 1905778, it’s appreciated.

Thanks for helping make Lubuntu better.

1 Like

@arsivci

I do not think installing kf5 alone does anything useful. Just remove qt5 and LO should default to gtk3.

yes indeed, you are right, I just tried in Lubuntu 20.04 and in Lubuntu 20.10 only the remove-line and it worked fine for me; thank you for this advice

1 Like