Lubuntu 20.04.3 Is possible update LXQT to version 1.0.0?

In Lubuntu 20.04.3 is possible update LXQT from 0.14.1 to 1.0.0 and any others dependencies ?
Thanks for reply.

If you check out the release notes for LXQt 1.0.0 you’ll quickly notice it requires Qt 5.15.

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS uses the LTS version of Qt5, which was then Qt 5.12.8 being used by all Ubuntu Qt5 desktops (KDE & LXQt) & Qt applications that were packaged for focal. That will not change (except via 3rd party sources such as PPAs).

You’ll get LXQt 1.0.0 when Lubuntu jammy is released as 22.04 LTS.

@guiverc
All right with you ?
I only want see if LXQT 1.0.0 has any new feature adding mouse scroll page by page.
I had searched in launchpad about QT 5.15 and LXQT 1.0.0 and not see anything related.
Some times is problem add a ppa and after install a software.
I had used a ppa to install ffmpeg new version. The ppa had installed ffmpeg plus others dependencies updates breaking removing others softwares at point not being possible install the removed software because dependencies are in wrong versions.
I had to figure all updated dependencies to remove and thus install all again fixing the issues.
Need care using ppa.

If you want to just test it; personally I’d just write a copy to thumb-drive & test it live without install.

Currently we don’t have LXQt 1.0.0 yet in jammy as I mentioned here but discussions have already taken place on how it’ll get into our jammy repository.

When it hits our repository and is available for QA-testing easily, I’m likely to use it as a reason to push Lubuntu QA-testing, and use a recent article by our most recent Lubuntu member (when I read it; that’s how I decided I’d make use of it)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.