Is it possible to use GNOME-control-centre on Lubuntu

Currently using Lubuntu 18.04 (from lubuntu.me), updated to latest SW level as of today. I wanted to use Google-Drive to backup my folders, automatically (behind the scenes) as is possible on Windows, and was following the instructions here to install GNOME-control-center and GNOME-online-accounts on Lubuntu. I did so from the official repository with all of it’s dependencies. However, I find the following:

• No desktop integration i.e. do not find either GNOME-control-center or GNOME-online-accounts in the menus
  • When I launch GNOME-control-center from command line, I see these errors:

(gnome-control-center:9204): dbind-WARNING **: 20:09:08.490: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

(yelp:9213): dbind-WARNING **: 20:09:29.431: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

(WebKitWebProcess:9226): dbind-WARNING **: 20:09:29.626: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

• and the window seems to be blank, nothing that might be expected to permit changing the settings for online accounts as mentioned in the article (see image below):
    GNOME-control-centre--off
    What gives ? How can I make this work ? Is more functionality missing on Lubuntu that prevent’s it’s usage ?

TIA

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.