I2pd, segmentation fault, Lubuntu 22.04

I2pd in lubuntu 22.04 does not work (segmentation fault). Had to download i2pd directly from
https://github.com/PurpleI2P/i2pd/releases/download/2.42.1/i2pd_2.42.1-1jammy1_amd64.deb

Have you filed a bug?

Your system will likely have a .crash file in /var/crash that can provide clues as to what happened, and potentially allow exploration of the issue & fix implemented.

If another user looks & confirms it; confirmation has been achieved. Currently no such process has been started as the bug report is where the process starts.

Use links

What does that mean?

• How did you install it?
  • Did you reboot?
  • How did you know, that the process crashed?

What does that mean?

The package is corrupted, see below. (Finally i downloaded the package directly from github and installed it, it works fine.)

• How did you install it?

sudo apt install i2pd

• Did you reboot?

Yes.

• How did you know, that the process crashed?

I got the crash-file. First lines:

ProblemType: Crash
Architecture: amd64
Date: Sat Jul 9 08:56:27 2022
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.04
ExecutablePath: /usr/sbin/i2pd
ExecutableTimestamp: 1637922021
ProcAttrCurrent: i2pd (enforce)
ProcCmdline: /usr/sbin/i2pd --conf=/etc/i2pd/i2pd.conf --tunconf=/etc/i2pd/tunnels.conf --tunnelsdir=/etc/i2pd/tunnels.conf.d --pidfile=/run/i2pd/i2pd.pid --logfile=/var/log/i2pd/i2pd.log --daemon --service
ProcCwd: /var/lib/i2pd
ProcEnviron:
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=de_DE.UTF-8a
LC_IDENTIFICATION=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_NAME=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_TIME=de_DE.UTF-8
PATH=(custom, no user)
ProcMaps:

1 Like

I can only partially reproduce.

I install the package, check the service, reboot and check the service again and i2pd seems to be running.

sudo apt install i2pd
systemctl status i2pd.service
reboot
systemctl status i2pd.service

Directly after installing and before rebooting, there is indeed a crash. You should create a bug report at Bugs : i2pd package : Ubuntu as this problem is most likely not related to Lubuntu or LXQt.

3 Likes