How to donate anonymously using PayPal?

I don’t want my name to appear in a publicly accessible list like this.

1 Like

I am not sure, if it is possible to use PayPal anonymously.

For the spreadsheet, I think the best thing you can do is to write an email to the Lubuntu Council members. There is a mailing list: lubuntu-council@lists.ubuntu.com but probably visible for all.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m currently operating this stuff on the backend.

This is not Lubuntu Support questions, so I’m going to move it to a better location.

Unfortunately, there is no way to use PayPal anonymously. Those reports, for a Non Profit Organization like we operate as, requires us to document who is donating to us. At this moment in time, that is still a legal documentation requirement.

This may change in the future. However, going forward for now, public reports on the finances, when we finish compiling everything for a report and clean up everything after the chaotic fiasco that took place during the process of handing off takeover for this, will not be containing a full list of every individual and their donations and fees. Internally we are still required by operational law of the jurisdiction the Council operates within to document who donated what and when, and that information will be made available to the relevant government organizations for tax purposes as needed.

Questions about this need to be directed to the Lubuntu Council directly, at lubuntu-council@lists.ubuntu.com.

3 Likes