How can we promote Lubuntu more?

I feel lubuntu should have more spotlight as a user-friendly os that is very easy to install and forget about it without needing to open the terminal.

So please put your opinion below.

1 Like

What I have done:
(1) Placing the Lubuntu-Logo on my own homepage as a hyperlink to https://lubuntu.me
(2) Mentioning Lubuntu as a member of other forums in the respective profiles as a hobby

3 Likes

It mentions something about buying a ā€˜t-shirtā€™ in the announcements, but I never could find any links. I think wearing a t-shirt is a form of promotion.

2 Likes

@humpty
T-shirts with Lubuntu logo on it can be bought at online shops.
Just do a web search with code words ā€˜t-shirt lubuntuā€™. :grinning:

The only t-shirts that also contribute to Lubuntu should be available here but nothingā€™s showing. @tsimonq2 you know whatā€™s up with that?

Anyways, hereā€™s some thoughts I have:

• Do a presentation for your school, work, friends, co-workers, or, more reasonably at a software conference.
  • Start a YouTube channel showing off the many wonders of Lubuntu.
  • Do a review of various distributions, with an emphasis on how Lubuntu is superior.

So, whatā€™s the story with that then? You can find t-shirts in places like Amazon, yet lubuntu doesnā€™t benefit? So thereā€™s no copyright on the logo?

Places like Amazon have all sorts of unlicensed stuff. In any case, just because something is copyrighted doesnā€™t mean that the owner of the copyright will benefit financially from folks licensing the copyright. In much the same way, I can own an a bunch of money and someone can borrow some from me, but that doesnā€™t mean I will benefit from interest.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just added to the measurements of post #2 in this thread:
(3) Mentioning Lubuntu as a free operating system for my PC - formatted as a link to lubuntu.me - in the signature of every email that will be sent by me

I fear thatā€™s all Iā€™m able to do. (Alas, the powerful proposals of wxl are not suitable for me little man. :face_with_spiral_eyes:)

2 Likes

Thanks to this thread Iā€™ve made a new webpage for the German speaking visitors of my homepage to inform and help them with a transition to Linux, especially Lubuntu. A link to it is placed beneath the above mentioned Lubuntu logo.

This is my measure number 4.
(Meanwhile I have noticed the usage of a wrong word in the preceding post. This certainly will not be my last mistake with trying to write in English :confused:).

5 Likes

Can we see the website?

Itā€™s a very simple one, please donā€™t expect too much: click
The main goal is to encourage non-Linux users to get informed by existing information on other websites.

5 Likes

T-shirts and other Lubuntu products are now available again on our Teespring store. If you want to support Lubuntu, buying one or more of these items is a great way to do so!

Click on the Teespring link on the Donate page of our website or go direct here.

4 Likes

Donā€™t worry, the important thing is the information and it complies perfectly, link to discourse, the website and the manual, personal opinion about the system. It is perfect!!!

3 Likes

You are very kind. Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks to you for bringing free software closer to people.

3 Likes

First time I can actually log on since I registered in April 2023.
Somehow I got in today. <3 <3 <3
Credentials refused for a year as ā€œwrongā€ have become valid.
This is excellent promotion!!!
TTYS guys!

Hi everyone. Iā€™m new to the community but have been tinkering with Linux for quite a while. Just a thought about promoting Lubuntu. Iā€™m putting together a short course for people with little/no digital literacy. Iā€™m using Lubuntu to teach the basics of files/folders/taskbar/etc because of its clean and simple design.

Hopefully when newbies to computers get this exposure, they will remember Lubuntu. What do otherā€™s think?

Thanks!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea! Maybe give them a Lubuntu CD or teach them how to install it as part of the course.

4 Likes

I like that idea. Thanks!