How can I contribute to testing?

Hello,

I’ve become a Lubuntu user for the past month or so now and I don’t have much reason to abandon it.

I really wish I could do more to help out the team but unfortunately, I’m not a developer.

I was thinking perhaps I could volunteer my machine for the purposes of testing if it’s doable.

I’ll be sure to check out the official guide for that but I was wondering what’s recommended by the council for testing? Is there a preferred hypervisor or can I simply use Virtualbox?

Thanks!

• T.R.G.
2 Likes

Not a member of the council but as a tester of the ISOs I think they prefer that VBox and other common BM platforms are tested. VBox is the open source one, QEMU/KVM/virt-manager are another open source one , and VMware is also common (closed source).

Not sure the Council has a specific recommendation though.

3 Likes

Sounds good. All insight is valid. Didn’t mean to suggest anyone who isn’t in the council wouldn’t know… just wasn’t sure who to ask. I thought the council would know for sure though. :slight_smile:

@That_Random_Guy you may have noticed that our Phabricator instance (which includes our currently updated wiki) went down. With it went our testing wiki. Luckily, we managed to grab some of Google’s cache and from it I have now restored our wiki page. I gave it a few updates.

To answer one of your questions directly: any hypervisor should work, but having real hardware testing (if you can) is always a plus. If you have any additional questions, please get in touch!

3 Likes