How can I access the GUI settings of the pkgselect module in Calamares

am the one who reorganized Lubuntu with Cubic for use at my university. My problem is that in version 24.04 I don’t know where is the configuration file for the pkgselect and pkgselect snap modules in the calamares installer, where the text that appears in the graphical interface, etc. is set. In the repository of calamares settings on the Github page, these files are in the common/modules/pkgselect folder, but I couldn’t find them when I checked the ISO. I looked in /etc/calamares and /usr/share/calamares but they are not there either. My last suspicious location was /usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu (I may have misspelled it) /calamares/modules/pkgselect/ (I don’t remember the exact name of the file but I know it’s extension is .so, there are already two files in this location)

If you are someone who set up this calamares script, can you explain how the extra modules work?

I should also mention that I try not to go outside the LTS base when setting up the ISO, I can’t use versions like 24.10 directly; please answer with this in mind.

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/calamares/modules/pkgselect contains the actual module itself.

The configuration files are where you’d expect in /etc/calamares/modules. There are two.

The “snap” one uses /usr/bin/snap-seed-glue.

…but if you want to change the way the module looks, you’ll have to edit the actual code and recompile.

4 Likes

For the record; this question was originally asked at lubuntu - Changing pkgselect configuration in calamares installer - Ask Ubuntu where I suggested asking it here (where developers can see it).

Thanks Walter.

3 Likes