Firefox Snap not displaying LibreOffice Help files - File not found

@guiverc Chris - I looked for the prior old thread where I mentioned Firefox (snap) could not display the LibreOffice Help files and you filed a bug report on it back then. I logged into Launchpad, but could not find the bug report. This issue is also present in 22.04.

File not found

Firefox can’t find the file at /usr/share/libreoffice/help/index.html?Target=swriter/.uno:HelpIndex&Language=en-US&System=UNIX&Version=7.3.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

Even though Chromium is set as the default browser (also a snap), Firefox still launched in the attempt to display the files.

Providing lp bug ID, or link to your post here may have helped refresh my memory.

A quick scan & I can see

Was it either of those? or something else?

It’s after midnight my local time, so I’m heading to bed anyway; I’ll have to look for again for this in jammy & kinetic, but not now… bedtime!

1 Like

Bug #1951210 “libreoffice help doesn't open in firefox (404 erro...” : Bugs : libreoffice package : Ubuntu I added a comment that this is also present in Lubuntu 22.04.

I also subscribed to notifications for 1978053.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.