ESET Endpoint Antivirus pro Linux

Hello, I need advice if anyone knows how to install ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux. I have it downloaded in a bin file and I can’t install it through the terminal.

You’ve provided no OS/release details, which would be a starting point. You’re also asking about 3rd party software, so have you looked at the creator/publisher of that software?

Hello, I need advice on how to correct or delete line 1. Thank you for your help

I cannot read whatever language your terminal text is, and given you’ve provided a picture of text, I cannot easily copy & paste the text into a web translation tool which would allow me to translate it into english.

E: Garbled line 1 in file list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/avira.list (absolute Suite Component)
E: Unable to read resource list.
Error during package installation, exiting
root@fanda-premiobasic:/home/fanda#

Look at that file and see what’s there, and how it contrasts with the format of an expected sources file.

If you’re not sure, you can read the reference manual page on the format with man sources.list or search online for help too*.

For us to help, we need to be specifically told what has been added there, as we won’t know. Sources are only a text file, so shouldn’t be hard to read.

The directory /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ is empty on a new install, so anything in that directory was added by a user of your system with sudo rights.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.