Drivers for BCM4401-B0 and BCM4312 are missing in Lubuntu 22.04

⋮may I export from linux mint 21.1 to Lubuntu 22.04 the drivers for my ethernet and wi-fi cards? (neither of them are activated in Lubuntu 22.04) they are in a Dell inspiron 1521 dual boot device!
with lspci i got the same with both OSs
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX (rev 02)
0b:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY (rev 01)
But just in Linux Mint 21.1 they work fine OOB and in Lubuntu I don’t have Network connection!

Can you connect to the Internet temporarily (via an Ethernet cable or possibly smartphone tethering)? If so, you can run sudo apt update && sudo apt install bcmwl-kernel-source and that should install the drivers for your WiFi (assuming that the card you have is compatible with that driver).

1 Like

Uups, I haven’t got connected!
I’ll look for some tethering option.

Uups, a friend that gave me some support bring to me a folder with “many” .deb files, with instructions to install all of them.
after that I got ethernet connection.
But when I run your tip I receive a message that bcmwl-kernel-source is already installed but I didn’t get wireless activated.
I’m going to continue investigating this issue because I don’t have ethernet available where I need to have the inspiron 1521.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.