Greetings all and many thanks for your attention:
I installed Lubuntu 18.04 LTS on a inspiron 1525. I also partitioned the hard disk. The battery isn’t working so I took it from the computer.
Initially there was a problem with the wireless but now (thanks to the great Ubuntu community) it’s perfectly working.
The computer works very fine with video streaming, Libre Office, Internet, everythings seems to work very fluidly. The only problems are:
- it takes about 3 minutos to boot. There’s also a scroll of information at the booting;
- when hibernating it takes a minute or so waking up;
- when shutting down also shows a scroll of information, but it’s quite fast turning off.
I would like to know how to create a file with that information (booting and shutting down) so that if possible I could correct any errors by your instructions and if I can generate also a file with the schematics of the partitioning so that any mistake could be amended in the same way.
- I analysed everything, memory, disk, and the results were all fine.
- the previous operating system was Windows Vista
- I didn’t update the BIOS
Thanks in advance