Change plymouth splash screen lubuntu 22.04

Hi team,

i,m using lubuntu 22.04 and i want change the splash screen image, how to change it and update it, what is the complete path for plymouth folder? Previously I used 20.04 and edit this path /usr/share/plymouth/themes/lubuntu-logo/ and run this command update-initramfs -u, how about this lubuntu 22.04 version?

regards

There hasn’t been any change (that I’m aware of; though the last change was to allow OEM branding to appear and I forget what release that was, eg. when I boot this box I see the HP logo above Lubuntu’s, if I use a Dell box it’ll be Dell log above… etc).

My current Lubuntu system is a lunar or 23.04 install, and looking in the directory (actually one level up) you mention I see

guiverc@hpprodesk400g1sff:/usr/share/plymouth/themes$  ls -lah
total 56K
drwxr-xr-x 12 root root 4.0K Feb  2  2023 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4.0K May 27 14:34 ..
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K May 27 14:34 bgrt
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   34 Aug 29  2022 default.plymouth -> /etc/alternatives/default.plymouth
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K May 27 14:34 details
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4.0K May 27 14:40 lubuntu-logo
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K May 27 14:40 lubuntu-text
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  12K May 27 14:34 spinner
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K May 27 14:34 text
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   31 Jan 17  2023 text.plymouth -> /etc/alternatives/text.plymouth
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K May 27 14:34 tribar
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K May 27 14:34 ubuntu-text
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K May 27 14:34 xubuntu-logo
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K May 27 14:34 xubuntu-text

If I want to select one & see what I’m offered

guiverc@hpprodesk400g1sff:/usr/share/plymouth/themes$   sudo update-alternatives --config default.plymouth
[sudo] password for guiverc: 
There are 3 choices for the alternative default.plymouth (providing /usr/share/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth).

Selection    Path                                                           Priority   Status
------------------------------------------------------------
* 0            /usr/share/plymouth/themes/lubuntu-logo/lubuntu-logo.plymouth   150       auto mode
  1            /usr/share/plymouth/themes/bgrt/bgrt.plymouth                   110       manual mode
  2            /usr/share/plymouth/themes/lubuntu-logo/lubuntu-logo.plymouth   150       manual mode
  3            /usr/share/plymouth/themes/xubuntu-logo/xubuntu-logo.plymouth   150       manual mode

Press <enter> to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number: 

ie. on my own system I have the Lubuntu & Xubuntu options (it’s a Lubuntu install, on which I added the Xubuntu desktop as some days I want my box to look a little different for a change (and I do like Xfce too))

The old guides still work, eg. How do I change the plymouth bootscreen? - Ask Ubuntu and you’ll be offered whatever options are suitable for your current system (ie. its possible that some really old plymouth screens that worked on 14.04/trusty or earlier can exist in your directory, but be ignored as incompatible on your modern system)

1 Like

which lines that i edit if want change the image? already change image in spinner directory but its not working ( shown 22.04 lts text with blue screen ) or can i replace the plymouth file with the previously file ( 20.04 )? if can how to change/replace the file?

[Plymouth Theme]
Name=BGRT
Description=Jimmac’s spinner theme using the ACPI BGRT graphics as background, modified by Lubuntu
ModuleName=two-step

[two-step]
Font=Ubuntu 12
TitleFont=Ubuntu Light 30
ImageDir=/usr/share/plymouth/themes/lubuntu-logo/spinner
DialogHorizontalAlignment=.5
DialogVerticalAlignment=.7
TitleHorizontalAlignment=.5
TitleVerticalAlignment=.382
HorizontalAlignment=.5
VerticalAlignment=.7
WatermarkHorizontalAlignment=.5
WatermarkVerticalAlignment=.96
Transition=none
TransitionDuration=0.0
BackgroundStartColor=0x0078c2
BackgroundEndColor=0x0078c2
ProgressBarBackgroundColor=0x600000
ProgressBarForegroundColor=0xffffff
DialogClearsFirmwareBackground=false
MessageBelowAnimation=true

[boot-up]
UseEndAnimation=false
UseFirmwareBackground=true

[shutdown]
UseEndAnimation=false
UseFirmwareBackground=true

[updates]
SuppressMessages=true
ProgressBarShowPercentComplete=true
UseProgressBar=true
_Title=Installing Updates…
_SubTitle=Do not turn off your computer

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.