Can't figure out how to connect to internet

I am using 22.04.2.

I am a new user and I can not fiqure out how to connect to the internet.
No guides I found helped, when I click on the wifi button on the taskbar three greyed out things appear: Active Connection(s), Wi-Fi networks(s), Known connections(s).
Nothing happens when I click on these. What should I do?

Sounds like your network hardware isn’t recognized. This is sometimes fairly easy to fix.

If your system has an Ethernet port, use an Ethernet cable to connect to your router. The connection should be established automatically. Then, open a terminal by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T or by opening QTerminal from the application menu. Then run sudo apt update && sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall. This will update your system’s software database, and then attempt to find and install drivers that your system may be missing. Hopefully this will install your WiFi driver and you should be able to connect to WiFi networks normally after that.

If you can’t use Ethernet, you might be able to use a cellphone to provide your system with Internet via USB tethering. Once connected, you can then try to install missing drivers.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.