18.04 manual on the web?

Hi!

I’m really thrilled to have been able to breathe new life into my old WinXP laptop by replacing the OS with Lubuntu 18.04, rather than simply taking taking it to the recycling depot. I do realise its time is limited as 32-bit Ubuntu kernel will not be supported for much longer, but I figure it still has a few years on it. Also I’m enjoying learning how things are done in Lubuntu, doing things like editing .desktop files, which I’ve never done before. The internet certainly can be a great source of information, but I was wondering if there was ever a Lubuntu 18.04 manual published on the web, and if so, if it’s still available. The 19.04 manual is really spiffy and some things are relevant, but it can be a bit confusing and discouraging when I try following something in the 19.04 manual and come to a dead end because of the differences.

Thanks!

There’s an LXDE/18.04 branch to the manual but we don’t display it online (unfortunately, we’re still trying to get it to handle multiple versions). It’s not very complete for what it’s worth. My personal suggestion would be to simply use 19.04. 18.04 is only supported until 2021. However, if you’re on a 32-bit processor, this is understandable. I will say that nearly everything is different between the two systems so the new manual is unlikely to help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Okay, thanks very much for your response. Have a great day!